Mon-Fri - Day Shift
US AutoLogistics is looking for Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics and Technicians! At USAL our Mechanic associates receive industry leading pay, benefits and culture. We have a fleet of 500+ trucks, 6 major shops, and 16 terminals located throughout the Southern United States.
If you know that you have what it takes to join ranks of the Elite Heavy Duty Diesel Technicians here at US AutoLogistics, complete an application at www.usal.com
What We Offer
- Industry leading hourly rates for each level of Mechanic/Technician
- Annual discrentionay performance bonus
- $2,000 Sign on Bonus
- 401(K) savings program with a 4% match day one
- Fantastic benefits, perks, paid off, and paid holidays
You can choose to be a Diesel Mechanic at nearly any company. Or you can join an organization where the "extra mile" is often traveled--where our associates recognize and demonstrate that exceptional customer service are not the results of ordinary effort.
Great company, management is easy to work with, great pay, and great home time. I love it here!" -- Julian S., driver
Great place to be employed...I'm happy to be here." -- John R., driver
Such an awesome place to work!" -- Claudine P., terminal support
Role Expectations: Mechanic I
- Inspect and repair heavy duty Auto Transport Truck units and trailers to meet DOT inspection requirements
- Perform Preventative Maintenances (PMs) in a timely manner. Replacing items such as oil and filters, tires, and other related parts
- Perform overhead tune-ups on all types of company owned heavy duty diesel engines
- Diagnose electronic diesel engine control systems
- Replace and/or repair air compressors, water pumps, fan hubs, belts, power steering and other external engine parts
- Troubleshoot and repair heavy truck air brake systems, a/c and heating systems, electrical systems, trailer components, transmissions
- Inspect trailer components and make repairs to hydraulics, and other trailer parts. May perform some welding
- Enter data (inspections, repairs, work orders, etc.) into shop labor system (TMT) accurately and timely
- Communicate with internal customers and shop associates
- Operate a forklift
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About US AutoLogistics
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, US AutoLogistics (USAL) offers the highest quality, cost-effective transport solutions for the world's best automobile brands throughout the contiguous United States. Originally established as a regional carrier in 1980, USAL was formed in 2013 as a result of a consolidation between Houston-based GST Transport Systems and Birmingham-based Alaplex Auto Transport. Our drivers and terminal support associates strive to deliver each load according to our S.O.L.D. philosophy--safely, on-time, legally compliant and damage-free. USAL is part of The Friedkin Group.
Learn more at USAL.com. Connect with us on Facebook.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.